April 3, 1814 - Lorenzo Snow was born in Mantua, Portage Co., O.
April 7, 1829 - Joseph Smith, jun., resumed the translation of the Book of Mormon, assisted by Oliver Cowdery as scribe, at Harmony. Oliver Cowdery was called by revelation to assist Joseph Smith, jun., in his labors and stand by him in his difficulties. Oliver was also promised the gift of translating like Joseph, if he desired it. (Doc. and Cov., Sec. 6.)
April 6, 1830 - The Church (afterwards named by revelation the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Saints) was organized according to the laws of the State of New York, in the house of Peter Whitmer, sen., at Fayette, Seneca Co., N. Y., with six members, namely, Joseph Smith, jun., Oliver Cowdery, Hyrum Smith, Peter Whitmer, jun., Samuel H. Smith and David Whitmer. Joseph Smith, jun., and Oliver Cowdery ordained each other Elders—the first Elders in the Church—according to commandment from God. They then laid hands on all the baptized members present, “that they might receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and be confirmed members of the Church.” The Holy Ghost was poured out upon them “to a very great degree.” Some prophesied and “all praised the Lord and rejoiced exceedingly.”
April 11, 1830 - Oliver Cowdery preached the first public discourse delivered by any of the Elders in this dispensation. The meeting was held in the house of Peter Whitmer, sen., at Fayette. Hiram Page, Catherine Page, Christian Whitmer, Annie Whitmer, Jacob Whitmer and Elizabeth Whitmer were baptized by Oliver Cowdery, in Seneca lake.
April 6, 1833 - About eighty official and some unofficial members of the Church met at the ferry on Big Blue river, near the western boundary of Jackson County, Missouri, and, for the first time, celebrated the birthday of the Church.
April 7, 1837 - The city plat of Far West, Caldwell County, Mo., having been surveyed, the sale of town lots was left to Wm. W. Phelps, John Whitmer and Edward Partridge. Jacob Whitmer, Elisha H. Groves and Geo. M. Hinkle were appointed a building committee for the erection of a house of the Lord at Far West.
April 8, 1843 - During General conference held in the log tabernacle at Miller’s Hollow on the east side of the Missouri River, the settlement is renamed Kanesville in honor of Colonel Thomas L. Kane. Col. Kane was a non-member friend of the Prophet Joseph Smith and the Saints. The name is later changed to Council Bluffs, as it is known today in Iowa.