August 2, 1831 – The Saints commenced erecting houses in Jackson County, the first log being laid in Kaw Township, twelve miles southwest of Independence. The log was carried and placed in position by twelve men, in honor of the twelve tribes of israel. On that occasion the land of Zion was consecrated and dedicated by Elder Rigdon for the gathering of the Saints.
August 3, 1831 – The spot for the Temple, a short distance west of Independence, was dedicated in the presence of eight brethren, among whom were Joseph Smith, jun., Sidney Rigdon, Edward Partridge, Wm. W. Phelps, Oliver Cowdery, Martin Harris and Joseph Coe.
August 2, 1833 – In a revelation given through Joseph Smith, Jr., at Kirtland, the Lord commanded that a house be built to Him in the land of Zion by the tithing of His people. (Doc. and Cov., Sec. 97.)
August 6, 1837 – First branch organized in England (Preston)
August 6, 1838 – The Missourians opposed the voting of the Saints at Gallatin, Daviess County, and a skirmish occurred, in which about twelve brethren gained a victory over about one hundred and fifty mobbers. Some of the brethren took their families into the hazel brush and guarded them during the night, through fear of the mob.
Taken from Church Chronology, Andrew Jenson & Truth Will Prevail, Bloxham, V.B; Moss, J.R., and Porter, L.C., p. 444-445.