Glimpse of the Past – LDS Church History Aug 14-20

Posted by on Aug 14, 2011 in Glimpse of the Past - LDS Church History | 0 comments

August 17, 1835 – At a general assembly of the Church, held at Kirtland, the Book of Doctrine and Covenants was approved, and thus became a law of faith and practice to the Church.

August 15, 1844 – The Twelve issued an epistle to the Saints in all the world, giving such instructions and words of counsel to the Church as were necessary after the martyrdom of the Prophet.

August 20, 1847 – The returning Battalion boys arrived on the Sacramento river. On the 24th they reached a settlement of white people, and received the first news of the Saints settling in G.S.L. Valley.

August 17, 1880 – A stately monument was erected on the grave of the martyred Joseph Standing, in the Salt Lake City cemetery.

August 14, 1886 – The first Latter-day Saint Primary Association in Mexico was organized in the camp of the Saints, near Casas Grandes, Chihuahua; Hannah H. Romney, president.

Taken from Church Chronology, Andrew Jenson

Post a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *