Glimpse of the Past – LDS Church History June 1-7

Posted by on Jun 13, 2011 in Glimpse of the Past - LDS Church History | 0 comments

June 1828 – Martin Harris lost the manuscript which he had obtained contrary to the will of the Lord. It consisted of 116 written pages translated from the plates by Joseph Smith, jun., and has never since been recovered.

June 5, 1833 – George A. Smith hauled the first load of stone for the construction of the Kirtland Temple, and Hyrum Smith and Reynolds Cahoon commenced digging the trench for the walls.

June 5, 1847 – William Clayton begins to leave markers every ten miles along the trail the remainder of the journey for the benefit of oncoming parties.  Also, the second group of pioneers left Winter Quarters for the Rocky Mountains.  Often referred to as the “Big Company,” they were led by Parley P. Pratt and John Taylor.

June 5, 1861 – Gustave Chaprix arrives in Brussels as the first missionary to Belgium.

Post a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *