Glimpse of the Past – LDS Church History Nov 19-30

Posted by on Nov 20, 2011 in Glimpse of the Past - LDS Church History | 0 comments

November 29, 1834 – Joseph Smith, jun., and Oliver Cowdery covenanted with the Lord to pay their tithing.

November 20, 1835 – Oliver Cowdery returned to Kirtland, Ohio, from New York and brought with him a quantity of Hebrew books to be used in the school there.  The Prophet Joseph was presented with a Hebrew Bible, Lexicon, and Grammar, also a Greek Lexicon, and Webster’s English Dictionary.  The Prophet Joseph was in the process of translating the papyri from the Egyptian mummies that had recently come into his possession.

November 21, 1841– Baptisms for the dead were commenced in the font in the basement of the Nauvoo Temple.

November 30, 1866 – Elder Abel Evans, missionary from Utah, died at Merthyr Tydfil, Wales.

November 20, 1879 – The first branch of the Church in Mexico is organized in Mexico City.

November 23, 1918 – Heber J. Grant became President of the Church.

Taken from History of Church 2:318; & Church Chronology by Andrew Jenson

Post a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *