Glimpse of the Past – LDS Church History Nov 5-12

Posted by on Nov 10, 2011 in Glimpse of the Past - LDS Church History | 0 comments

November 4, 1833 – Joseph Smith, jun., returned to Kirtland, O., from his mission to Canada.

November 5, 1833 – Col. Thos. Pitcher, commanding the mob militia, in Jackson County, demanded that the Saints should give up their arms, which order was reluctantly complied with. During the following night and the next day the mob drove the Saints from their homes at the point of the bayonet. The exiles were thereby exposed to the most severe sufferings from cold and hunger.

November 9, 1856 – Capt. James G. Willie’s handcart company arrived in G.S.L. City, after great sufferings from scarcity of provisions, cold and over-exertion in the mountains. It left Iowa City, Iowa, July 15th, with 120 handcarts and six wagons, numbering about five hundred souls, of whom 66 died on the journey. Captain Abraham O. Smoot’s wagon train arrived the same day.

November 8, 1841– The temporary baptismal font in the Nauvoo Temple was dedicated.

November 11, 1854 – Professor Orson Pratt discovered “a new and easy method of solution of the cubic and biquadratic equations.”

Taken from History of Church; & Church Chronology by Andrew Jenson

Post a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *